WNBP Radio, 106.1FM
introduces new music to help bereaved families.December 19, 2013
Win Damon, host WNBP radio, Newburyport, MA speaks with local author of the book “A Butterfly’s Journey… Healing Grief After the Loss of a Child,” Barbara J Hopkinson and musician-singer-songwriter Nancy Day about two original songs composed for the book to help bereaved families.
The two songs:
- Theme of “A Butterfly’s Journey” – a beautiful instrumental, channeled to Nancy from Barbara’s deceased son Brent, when Barbara told Nancy the title of her book. It is available as a FREE download on the ABJ site.
- Love Everlasting – the poem for Barbara channeled by her son Brent to ancy on the 10th anniversary of the motorcycle accident which caused him to lose his life, is also the lyrics for this song. Barbara feels it is meant to comfort all bereaved families. “Love Everlasting” is also available on the ABJ site for a $3 tax deductible donation to the nonprofit, TheCompassionate Friends of Greater Newburyport, MA – supporting family after a child dies.
Nancy Day has been writing music all her life, has toured in 39 states, and is known for exceptional vocals. Her concerts include a wide range of genres, including country, jazz, ragtime to musical theater and college anthems. She gives back through her performances at Veterans’ Hospitals and Senior & love songs. Nancy wrote and produced 12 music CDs, plus musical scores for plays, films, documentaries, anies.
Barbara J Hopkinson’s background is international corporate technology, including ten years with IBM. She is a multiple bereaved parent, which inspired her to write about her journey, to help others. She founded and continues to lead a local chapter of The Compassionate Friends, an international organization whose mission is to support family after the loss of a child. Barbara also offers a more individualized program with additional resources, on a national basis, to compliment local grief support groups.
* * *
Contact Barbara for a FREE 30-minute “Return-to-Life” Conversation to accelerate healing:
email: email@example.com or call 617-410-6309
Contact Nancy Day for concerts, workshops, weddings, private parties… and more!
email: firstname.lastname@example.org site; http://nancydaymusic.com
Nancy is currently performing at Clay Hill Farms in Oqunquit, Maine 207-361-2272
- “Dinner with Dickens” through Dec 22nd
- New Year’s Eve Nancy Day Experience, Dec 31st
- monthly performances starting in January, 2014