Here we go – into the holiday season… good news and bad news, right? We love the holidays and spending time with family but miss our lost loved ones and struggle with the grief. (I won’t even get into the stress, cost and time hassle of holidays – let’s not go there!)
Thanksgiving is the day to remember to be thankful for what we have, rather than focus on what we don’t have. The feature article and blogs this month touch on that and provide some tips. It’s amazing how much better we can feel when we focus on love and gratitude… I believe it heals us as well, and it brings us closer to our loved ones – both those lost and still here. Try it!
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving and holiday season…
…and please know that we are grateful for you here at ABJ!
Supporting your journey to a New Normal,
President & Executive Director, A Butterfly’s Journey
PS. Please forward this newsletter or the ABJ site to anyone with acute grief. A complimentary 30-minute chat with me may also be scheduled HERE.
Can you grieve AND be thankful? The feature blog this month talks about that and other blogs also touch on gratitude. It can heal us!
“Can You Grieve AND Be Thankful? Try this!”
Other blogs in November:
What’s ABJ up to ???
… and featured resources
- Attended business Intensive in Savannah, GA Nov 10-11
- RecordedPodcast with “IT’S TIME” by Bethanie Nonami on “Why You Need to Be Grateful for What You Have” +BONUS podcast,her story.
- Guest Blog “Strong Women Are Everywhere!” for writer Connie Hambley’s “Women of Strength” series (posting Fri 11/27/15)
- Started submission of funding requests
- Held local TCF November chapter meeting Mon Nov 23
December & beyond: (call Barbara 617-410-309 for details)
- ABJ Photo Shoot, Sun 12/13, 5-7PM (before TCF candle lighting)
(open to public with traumatic grief in early session, donations appreciated)
- Business Intensive in NYC 12/9-11
- Create videos & crowd-funding campaign for ABJ NP launch
- Joined ‘Connect-2-Coach‘ Network
- Plan 2016, retreats, funding, site launch, etc
- Local: Annual Candle Lighting 12/13 7-8PM & optional mtg after
- December chapter support meeting Mon 12/28
- Global: Memorial Candle Lighting, Sun 12/13, 7-8P local time
- January: GRM classes in New England details (to be announced)
- Official launch of ABJ nonprofit & site & Resource Ctr
- Feb – April: Writing Through Grief workshop with Scribblers Ink
Marc Clopton, Shaman, Energy Healer, & Exec Dir The Actors Studio
Marc Clopton, Shamanic Perspectives
Marc is multiple bereaved sibling, and on ABJ’s Advisory Board. He is one of the kindest and most grateful people I know. His mentoring me through meditation, energy healing and listening was a major factor in my healing. If you are able to get to northeast MA, get in touch with Marc and experience amazing sounsel and energy healing He is a spiritual Shaman trained in American Indian and Peruvian traditions with natural capabilites.
Reach Marc by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or through FB above
…. one of ABJ’s MANY resources coming soon in our online Resource Ctr!
Barbara J Hopkinson has led bereaved families through the journey of grief for more than 10 years. Following her 21-year-old son’s death (and the loss of two babies before that), Hopkinson founded The Compassionate Friends of Greater Newburyport, MA — a local chapter supporting families after a child dies.
She also founded the nonprofit, A Butterfly’s Journey To A New Normal, offering resources to help recover from acute grief. Barbara is certified to provide GRI Grief Recovery Method GROUP or 1-on-1 classes. She is also an author of two books, “A Butterfly’s Journey… Healing Grief After the Loss of a Child” and a collaborative, “FAITH – Finding Answers In The Heart, Vol II”.
Barbara is a model of hope, having recovered and found her new normal. She lives north of Boston with her husband, and near her son and three adult stepchildren. She is also passionate about cooking, photography and travel.
For more information, visit the ABJ web site
Contact Barbara at 617-410-6309 or email@example.com for a complimentary 30-minute conversation or schedule it now HERE.