February – the month of Valentine’s Day… of LOVE.
But do we remember to love ourselves too? Often not…
It’s a good time to remind yourself to TAKE CARE OF YOU!
Whether you are in the midst of a tough winter – as we are in the northeast this year… or just in a long stretch of forgetting about self-care due to getting through the hectic holidays and taking care of everyone BUT yourself… or suffering from grief over the loss of a loved one recently –
NOW IS THE TIME for some SELF-CARE!
HOW? … lots of ways – pick what appeals to you, but make it restful, joyful, replenishing… Treating yourself well might include some of these:
- massage, facial or warm paraffin treatment (just had one – Ah.h.h.h…)
- take a day off and sleep, read, walk… whatever heals you
- meditate with lovely scents, candles, and plenty of quiet time
- soak in a warm scented bubble bath, topped with rose petals
- journal your feelings, write to your departed loved ones, let it all out!
- travel somewhere you’ve wanted to visit – local or far away
- indulge in an amazing meal – be waited on or cook if you love it
- play – with family, friends, grandchildren or local kids – let it hang out!
- hold a memorial – get out pictures & remember fun loving memories
- reach out and help someone for a day – so healing, loving & feels great
In any case – you’ll feel fresher, more loved and replenished… and how much better will you be for others if you are well-cared-for? MUCH better!
I am one of 14 female authors in a new inspirational collaborative book, which I am in the process of introducing, called “FAITH – Finding Answers In The Heart”, Volume II, and we recently started a blog. February’s blogs were on Self-Care by five of the authors – their perspectives are here: ENJOY!
- Criticism Be Gone by Maureen Roe
- A Love Letter From Your Soul by Suzanne Baker Hogan
- Don’t Forget – Take Care of YOU! by Barbara J Hopkinson
- Be Your Own Valentine by Nanette Littleton
- The Flow of Love by Corinna Murphy
So, bottom line – remember to
LOVE yourself once in a while!
Wishing you much LOVE!
More information on my web site & contact me at
617-410-6309 or email@example.com
for a complimentary ‘Healing” conversation.
PS Please consider forwarding this info to someone who suffered a traumatic loss.